One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Too wet and muddy to be easily walked on; marshy.‘the shrub grows naturally in boggy ground’
marshy, swampy, miry, fenny, mucky, muddy, waterlogged, wet, soggy, sodden, squelchy, oozy, slimyView synonyms
- ‘They are actually being used in this country to reclaim swampy, boggy land.’
- ‘One hole ran along the boggy sides of Brown's Creek.’
- ‘Times were slow due to very muddy, boggy, wet conditions.’
- ‘The sections where muddy trails would have cut through boggy ground are now protected by wooden walkways.’
- ‘The path is flat but below the spring line, so there are boggy bits for muddy boots, wet zone rushes and grasses and little ponds.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.