One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Too wet and muddy to be easily walked on; marshy.‘the shrub grows naturally in boggy ground’
marshy, swampy, miry, fenny, mucky, muddy, waterlogged, wet, soggy, sodden, squelchy, oozy, slimyView synonyms
- ‘The sections where muddy trails would have cut through boggy ground are now protected by wooden walkways.’
- ‘They are actually being used in this country to reclaim swampy, boggy land.’
- ‘The path is flat but below the spring line, so there are boggy bits for muddy boots, wet zone rushes and grasses and little ponds.’
- ‘One hole ran along the boggy sides of Brown's Creek.’
- ‘Times were slow due to very muddy, boggy, wet conditions.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.