One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for cotton grass
- ‘The main features of this bog-covered hillside above the North Mayo coast, sprinkled with wispy bog cotton, are simple stone walls.’
- ‘Between the tussocks of grass grew purple heather and tufted bog cotton, which were used in the old days for pillows and mattresses.’
- ‘They walked at a wearisome pace across the trembling peat bog, knee deep in flowering ling, bog cotton and black slimy mud.’
- ‘Only the stand of birch trees in a little patch of scrub and bog cotton across the lake was pale and juicy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.