One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for cotton grass
- ‘They walked at a wearisome pace across the trembling peat bog, knee deep in flowering ling, bog cotton and black slimy mud.’
- ‘Between the tussocks of grass grew purple heather and tufted bog cotton, which were used in the old days for pillows and mattresses.’
- ‘Only the stand of birch trees in a little patch of scrub and bog cotton across the lake was pale and juicy.’
- ‘The main features of this bog-covered hillside above the North Mayo coast, sprinkled with wispy bog cotton, are simple stone walls.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.