One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Now can the bookish, boffiny types out there please explain to me what's going on?’
- ‘It's often portrayed as a pursuit for boffiny men with abnormally high brain-power.’
- ‘And last year, bored of being single, I used one of those dating sites, and the algorithmn paired me with someone worth meeting (also a computer boffiny type).’
- ‘A big boffiny welcome to our new resident who, with his extensive knowledge of web programming and the open-source community, strengthens and extends our existing technical expertise.’
- ‘Championed by boffiny nerds, it appeals to almost everyone at some point in their lives, but rarely elicits strong feelings.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.