One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A goat of a hardy breed, originally from South Africa.
- ‘He claims that with no Chinese market the South Australian boer goat industry is all but finished.’
- ‘Yesterday we heard that the price for boer goats had dropped from up to $700 to $25 linked to a standstill in the elite Chinese market.’
- ‘Our full blood boer goat herd consists of over 150 full blood does and over 60 percentage does.’
- ‘This site focuses on sharing general boer goat information with other people raising boer goats or meat goats.’
- ‘In order to recognize outstanding animals and to promote the boer goat to a wider audience, the Association sanctions Boer goat shows throughout the Americas and the Carribean.’
From Afrikaans boer ‘farmer’ + goat.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.