Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A goat of a hardy breed, originally from South Africa.
- ‘Our full blood boer goat herd consists of over 150 full blood does and over 60 percentage does.’
- ‘He claims that with no Chinese market the South Australian boer goat industry is all but finished.’
- ‘This site focuses on sharing general boer goat information with other people raising boer goats or meat goats.’
- ‘Yesterday we heard that the price for boer goats had dropped from up to $700 to $25 linked to a standstill in the elite Chinese market.’
- ‘In order to recognize outstanding animals and to promote the boer goat to a wider audience, the Association sanctions Boer goat shows throughout the Americas and the Carribean.’
From Afrikaans boer farmer + goat.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.