Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘A man of at least 70 years cries from the sidelines before throwing himself onto the pack like a bodysurfer.’
- ‘This is a topic of heated discussion among bodysurfers.’
- ‘All serious bodysurfers have used surf-quality swim fins since their invention by Owen Churchill.’
- ‘The bodysurfer made the drop and rode on in.’
- ‘There isn't much written about bodysurfing by bodysurfers.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.