One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A close-fitting one-piece stretch garment for women, worn typically for sporting activities.
- ‘Our kneeling hero is basically wearing a one-piece bodysuit with boots and a headband.’
- ‘The first year of the new century saw an unprecedented bounty of world records as well as continued heated controversy over the issues of illegal drugs and the new, high-tech bodysuits.’
- ‘A bodysuit emblazoned with stars, appears alongside 70s style pinstripe suits and spaghetti strap dresses which are either opaque and bold, or plain black and transparent.’
- ‘But now, rather than the thin black dress, she was dressed head to toe in a black bodysuit that seemed to absorb the light around it.’
- ‘When bodysuits first made ‘a big splash’ several years ago, they created quite a bit of controversy and debate.’
- ‘Therefore, our general conclusion is that the introduction of the bodysuits had no statistically measurable effect on swim performances at the 2000 Trials.’
- ‘Ten semi-finalists will be announced on the day of the event and will be judged based in three categories: interview, bodysuits and evening dress.’
- ‘Hannah watches her and pulls on a sweatshirt to cover the top of her damp bodysuit.’
- ‘Undaunted, the fledgling entrepreneur returned to Los Angeles, where she took her original bathing suit blocks and spun out an entire line of sexy, skin-tight bodysuits, cat suits, leggings and dresses.’
- ‘Below in the locker rooms, Namir had just finished her stretches and pre-battle meditation, and was zipping herself into her camouflage bodysuit.’
- ‘Of course, as any yoga teacher worth his or her pork loins will remind you, true yoga has nothing to do with looking good in a Lycra bodysuit.’
- ‘Dressed in dark blue one-piece bodysuits, they wore black vests, gloves and boots, with black helmets that covered their faces with a smooth mirrored silver visor.’
- ‘It is this premise that is the cornerstone of his recent policy on restricting the use of bodysuits outside of trials or major international meets.’
- ‘The entire final heat wore the highly-touted bodysuits, and all but one wore the long-legged model.’
- ‘Two girls in skintight red and white bodysuits slinked by, to the cheers of the crowd.’
- ‘She wore an ivory bodysuit with ivory leotards on her legs.’
- ‘I had hoped the many important lessons of the leotard and/or the snap-crotch bodysuit had long been learned.’
- ‘Wear a bodysuit instead of a regular blouse on the plane - it won't ride up and come untucked, looking rumpled.’
- ‘Much more than race strategy, the new hi-tech bodysuits developed by several swimsuit manufacturers have captured the imagination of the general public, journalists and swimmers alike.’
- ‘The definition states, ‘A full bodysuit or costume is one that extends below the knees or covers any part of the arms.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.