One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A sport involving strenuous physical exercise in order to strengthen and enlarge the muscles of the body.‘he developed a keen interest in bodybuilding’as modifier ‘a bodybuilding contest’
- ‘You won't want to miss this bodybuilding and fitness extravaganza!’
- ‘I watched a friend of mine train for bodybuilding.’
- ‘Milk contains whey, the most common form of protein found in bodybuilding supplements.’
- ‘In the majority of traditional bodybuilding exercises, your muscles can lower more poundage than they can raise.’
- ‘Within the bodybuilding world, everybody's got a different ideal of how they want their physique to look.’
- ‘I do bodybuilding for myself, to make myself happy.’
- ‘Certainly aesthetic decisions about bodybuilding are the very basis around which competitions are framed.’
- ‘Eventually he went on to compete in national bodybuilding competitions.’
- ‘To me, the posing activity of bodybuilding seems very much a parody.’
- ‘Instead of their show about the nature of love, they nearly made a musical about bodybuilding.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.