Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
1A person who strengthens and enlarges the muscles of their body through strenuous exercise.
- ‘All the actors I saw and loved from the '50s and the '60s were people who stretched their lives out like a bodybuilder stretches muscles out.’
- ‘To be honest, this commercial of bodybuilders showing their muscles makes one want to laugh.’
- ‘Warren has trained hundreds of athletes, from bodybuilders to pro football players to triathletes.’
- ‘Getting robbed of precious muscle growth is a bodybuilder's worst nightmare.’
- ‘Today, steroids are widely used by both male and female bodybuilders and athletes and also by boys not yet in their teens!’
- ‘He wasn't a bodybuilder but his muscles were thick, probably from rowing.’
- ‘What if I told you that I've discovered a supplement that satisfied the need for immediate results for bodybuilders and all athletes alike?’
- ‘Fitness enthusiasts and bodybuilders use this exercise to add mass to the upper arm and improve definition of the biceps and other elbow-flexor muscles.’
- ‘Apparently, it pays not only to exercise like a bodybuilder but to drink like one as well.’
- ‘Most bodybuilders seek a muscle pump when they weight train.’
- ‘Your scenario is similar to that of other bodybuilders seeking to add muscle mass.’
- ‘He is a certified strength and conditioning specialist and is consulted by many bodybuilders and strength athletes who are looking to enhance their training and performance.’
- ‘As a bodybuilder seeking muscle growth, the kind of failure you want to reach should be defined as the point at which you can no longer perform another complete rep with proper form.’
- ‘A group of bodybuilders flexed their muscles to the tunes from Mangalayam.’
- ‘Strength should be a byproduct of a bodybuilder's muscle size and not the other way around.’
- ‘What do large athletes like bodybuilders and football players have in common?’
- ‘For bodybuilders, strength should follow muscle growth, not the other way around.’
- ‘To meet the calorie needs of growing muscles, bodybuilders must eat a lot more food than the average Joe.’
- ‘Below are a few specific teas that offer benefits to bodybuilders and other athletes.’
- ‘Every year, a new crop of pro bodybuilders qualifies for their first Olympia.’
2A person or company that builds the bodies of vehicles.[with modifier] ‘he trained as a car bodybuilder’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.