Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘As the major outlet for bodyboarding in the U.S., BODYBOARDING Magazine could have an enormous influence on the sport.’
- ‘So when Tom Morey, or Y as he's now known, checked in with some thoughts on our recent series on bodyboarding, and bodyboarding in general, we thought it would be worth sharing.’
- ‘One would think bodyboarding to be the sole province of clueless Mid-Western tourists or strange water-gimps if mainstream surf media were to go unchallenged.’
- ‘I always admired that aspect along with the fact bodyboarding was pushing maneuvers far past what surfers dreamed of doing.’
- ‘This pulled young women away from bodyboarding and into standup surfing.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.