Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘After any length of time in the surf you will see why this city has spawned such great surfers and bodyboarders such as Andre Botha.’
- ‘For bodyboarders, and bodyboarding, this lack of vision is devastating.’
- ‘Some think that bodyboarders truly want to be separate from surfing.’
- ‘This really didn't make surfers or bodyboarders happy.’
- ‘For their entire surfing lives bodyboards are ‘sponges ‘and bodyboarders are ‘speedbumps‘.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.