One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The amount that a person or animal weighs.‘those with a healthy body weight are more likely to have lower blood pressure’‘the dog shed a third of her body weight under a strict six-month diet and exercise regime’
- ‘We have identified a role for these cells in the regulation of body weight and the metabolic state, likely by regulating inflammation in adipose tissue.’
- ‘A short period of excess food consumption can have long term effects on your body weight and fat storage even after the initial weight is lost.’
- ‘The experiments revealed that the neck joints could withstand loads of about 5,000 times the ant's body weight.’
- ‘To sustain a low body weight means to not eat properly, hardly the type of example to set your daughter.’
- ‘It's National Chocolate Week, which means you now have an excuse to eat your body weight in cocoa solids.’
- ‘Each bear must double its body weight in less than six months to survive another winter.’
- ‘In contrast, the men who exercised 60 minutes a day lost less body weight relative to the energy they burned during their workouts.’
- ‘Drinking 75% of your body weight in fluid ounces each day seems like a lot.’
- ‘NEAT could be a critical component in how we maintain our body weight and/or develop obesity or lose weight.’
- ‘The 32-year-old has a very different outlook to many of her contemporaries who battle to keep their body weight down to a minimum.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.