One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The amount that a person or animal weighs.‘those with a healthy body weight are more likely to have lower blood pressure’‘the dog shed a third of her body weight under a strict six-month diet and exercise regime’
- ‘Drinking 75% of your body weight in fluid ounces each day seems like a lot.’
- ‘The 32-year-old has a very different outlook to many of her contemporaries who battle to keep their body weight down to a minimum.’
- ‘It's National Chocolate Week, which means you now have an excuse to eat your body weight in cocoa solids.’
- ‘Each bear must double its body weight in less than six months to survive another winter.’
- ‘A short period of excess food consumption can have long term effects on your body weight and fat storage even after the initial weight is lost.’
- ‘To sustain a low body weight means to not eat properly, hardly the type of example to set your daughter.’
- ‘We have identified a role for these cells in the regulation of body weight and the metabolic state, likely by regulating inflammation in adipose tissue.’
- ‘In contrast, the men who exercised 60 minutes a day lost less body weight relative to the energy they burned during their workouts.’
- ‘NEAT could be a critical component in how we maintain our body weight and/or develop obesity or lose weight.’
- ‘The experiments revealed that the neck joints could withstand loads of about 5,000 times the ant's body weight.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.