Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The main part of a printed text, excluding items such as headings and footnotes.
- ‘The misspelled and grammatically incorrect body text reads: ‘Want to find your love mates!’’
- ‘No one noticed, or at least no one commented, but by then, of course, most people weren't even reading the body text, never mind the sidebar.’
- ‘Unusually the body text of infected emails can appear in either English or German as explained here.’
- ‘The message will have no subject or body text, only an attachment.’
- ‘The contents of the title, headline and body text, however, are variable.’
- ‘The lead author, Dr Nick Day, admitted at the press conference that someone had added the misleading heading to the previously agreed body text.’
- ‘If certain keyword phrases are important enough that you want your site to be found under them in the search engines, they are certainly important enough to be elegantly incorporated into the body text of your page.’
- ‘Even stupider is submitting two big Word documents with no body text in the email.’
- ‘Let's imagine that we would like a top and bottom margin of one inch for our main body text and a centered page number one-half inch from the bottom of every page.’
- ‘It makes a nice contrast with the serif fonts we use for body text, and manages to convey both the technical expertise and relative newness of the company.’
- ‘The robots then go on to the body text of the page in the source code.’
- ‘The body text of the message makes it appear as if the recipient has been caught by the FBI, CIA or BKA browsing 30 illegal sites and asks them to fill in an attached form about this activity.’
- ‘I hope it wasn't designed with body text in mind.’
- ‘Use body text and headings in place of graphical text.’
- ‘The filename itself may be anything, as may the subject line and body text of the email.’
- ‘Subject and body text in infected messages, chosen from a long list, vary substantially.’
- ‘All search engines place emphasis on your body text content.’
- ‘Large blocks of small text, such as document body text in printed documents, are easier to read if serif fonts are used.’
- ‘I've always been a margin scribbler, but it was usually to point out spelling errors, errors in grammar, or style I found in the body text.’
- ‘It writes headlines and body text with prospects and customers in mind.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.