One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A woman's one-piece undergarment which covers the torso and legs.
- ‘I wore a black spandex body stocking, with a reinforced utility vest, and black knee boots.’
- ‘Connie came out of the bedroom wearing shorts and a halter top over a sleeveless black body stocking.’
- ‘From now on, in the name of safety, it's a Lycra body stocking and bare feet for me.’
- ‘Mrs Bunting, 32, said: ‘The body stocking didn't do me justice at all and the wig didn't come down far enough - we had to stick extra false hair over my front to cover me up.’’
- ‘She doesn't just sell her underwear, though: slips, bras, body stockings, and socks are all hot sellers.’
- ‘Over a black body stocking she was wearing a red corset, panties, stockings and boots, along with elbow length red gloves.’
- ‘Another night Berle came out as Lady Godiva and pranced around in a white, tight-fitting body stocking in front of a white charger.’
- ‘Why did the live model have to be naked when a body stocking would have sufficed?’
- ‘Beneath it, the arms of a lacy white body stocking were visible.’
- ‘It's de rigueur at games in the Dominican Republic, where women in body stockings dance to recorded merengue music on top of the dugouts.’
- ‘Carefully placed fans, well manoeuvred balloons, tassels, pasties and body stockings ensured that the audience seldom saw what they thought they did.’
- ‘Fresh out of drama school, he played the role of the Earthworm in a theatre production of James and the Giant Peach - squirming atop a vast plastic fruit while dressed in a Lycra body stocking.’
- ‘You can get very daring with the see through body stocking done in see through lace in black or red when you want to buy plus size women's sexy lingerie.’
- ‘‘Well, look there,’ she said as she gestured towards a woman wearing a bowler hat and a blue body stocking.’
- ‘Since then, it seems to have become the ultimate wish fulfilment of Hollywood's top female stars to appear at least once on screen, in a figure-flattering body stocking.’
- ‘At first Monroe wore a body stocking, then discarded it to go au naturel.’
- ‘These people tend to wear full skin-toned body stockings, unitards and whatever in addition to the masks.’
- ‘He had an extravagant costume: a ten-gallon white hat, black cowboy boots decorated with swastikas and stars, a blue body stocking with yellow stripes, and a patch with Lincoln's silhouette.’
- ‘Yes, she is gorgeous, and it's fun to watch all those curves in that body stocking.’
- ‘A clingy body stocking complements a floor-length skirt with a pareo tied at the waist for flair.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.