One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A woman's one-piece undergarment which covers the torso and legs.
- ‘Another night Berle came out as Lady Godiva and pranced around in a white, tight-fitting body stocking in front of a white charger.’
- ‘At first Monroe wore a body stocking, then discarded it to go au naturel.’
- ‘A clingy body stocking complements a floor-length skirt with a pareo tied at the waist for flair.’
- ‘From now on, in the name of safety, it's a Lycra body stocking and bare feet for me.’
- ‘Over a black body stocking she was wearing a red corset, panties, stockings and boots, along with elbow length red gloves.’
- ‘‘Well, look there,’ she said as she gestured towards a woman wearing a bowler hat and a blue body stocking.’
- ‘Why did the live model have to be naked when a body stocking would have sufficed?’
- ‘Connie came out of the bedroom wearing shorts and a halter top over a sleeveless black body stocking.’
- ‘It's de rigueur at games in the Dominican Republic, where women in body stockings dance to recorded merengue music on top of the dugouts.’
- ‘These people tend to wear full skin-toned body stockings, unitards and whatever in addition to the masks.’
- ‘Fresh out of drama school, he played the role of the Earthworm in a theatre production of James and the Giant Peach - squirming atop a vast plastic fruit while dressed in a Lycra body stocking.’
- ‘I wore a black spandex body stocking, with a reinforced utility vest, and black knee boots.’
- ‘You can get very daring with the see through body stocking done in see through lace in black or red when you want to buy plus size women's sexy lingerie.’
- ‘Since then, it seems to have become the ultimate wish fulfilment of Hollywood's top female stars to appear at least once on screen, in a figure-flattering body stocking.’
- ‘Beneath it, the arms of a lacy white body stocking were visible.’
- ‘She doesn't just sell her underwear, though: slips, bras, body stockings, and socks are all hot sellers.’
- ‘He had an extravagant costume: a ten-gallon white hat, black cowboy boots decorated with swastikas and stars, a blue body stocking with yellow stripes, and a patch with Lincoln's silhouette.’
- ‘Mrs Bunting, 32, said: ‘The body stocking didn't do me justice at all and the wig didn't come down far enough - we had to stick extra false hair over my front to cover me up.’’
- ‘Carefully placed fans, well manoeuvred balloons, tassels, pasties and body stockings ensured that the audience seldom saw what they thought they did.’
- ‘Yes, she is gorgeous, and it's fun to watch all those curves in that body stocking.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.