Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A move (illegal in some codes) in which the opponent's body is lifted and then thrown hard on to the floor.
- ‘A combination fireman's carry and reverse body slam, the move is a show of both strength and technique.’
- ‘The infamous body slam was one of the biggest and best moments in WWF history.’
- ‘Taymor's battles with Weinstein have become legend, since Taymor would seem to be able to match the big man body slam for body slam.’
- ‘It is a kick in the crotch, a punch to the kidney and a savage body slam.’
- ‘Once on top of the cage, Michaels took a body slam and a backdrop onto the steel mesh.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.