One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A garage where repairs to the bodywork of vehicles are carried out.
- ‘A great deal of attention has also been paid to the body shop itself, home to around 2,800 people and 250 robots.’
- ‘The body shop uses programmable robots with fixed tooling.’
- ‘Engineers in Germany configured the tooling, programmed the robots then ran the entire body shop in the computer before a single piece of equipment was uncrated at the plant.’
- ‘A specialized Nissan dealer would be ideal but, if there isn't one in your area, any garage or body shop should be able to place a special order for the Nissan parts that are needed.’
- ‘His facility takes off-the-shelf Fords and hones them into performance vehicles in a systematic way that owes more to the assembly plant than to the body shop.’
- ‘Facility and equipment upgrades are being effected with plans to incorporate a new a new body shop into the facility and also a general assembly area.’
- ‘For example, the more than 200 robots in the body shop were refurbished; some 75% of the conveyor system was modified or replaced.’
- ‘The assembly plant is not only launching a new truck but is the first of Ford's assembly facilities to incorporate the new flexible manufacturing system in the body shop.’
- ‘The body shop now has 236 robots, which apply a total of 3,775 welds per car.’
- ‘Land-clearing for the new line began in February 2001, and construction of the new body shop started in August, with the first structural steel beam erected in October.’
- ‘The body shop will produce 38 jobs an hour with 60 to 70 direct labor employees per shift’
- ‘For example, in the body shop, side panels, doors, hood, and roof are manually welded, as are the front section, floor assembly, and rear.’
- ‘In the body shop, a $200 million investment has brought 460 new robots, increasing the amount of automation by 80 percent.’
- ‘North American vehicle manufacturers have been pursuing and promoting the ability to produce a variable mix of models with the same body shop and assembly line, for example switching between a sedan and an SUV on the fly.’
- ‘It's important to mention that standardized work was developed for the assembly line, just as it was for the body shop.’
- ‘So within the plant, there is a new quality verification program in place, one that spans the entire operation, from the body shop to pre-shipment to dealers.’
- ‘The new paint shop was built in 1997 as part of an initial investment of $395 million, which also included refurbishing the body shop and final assembly areas.’
- ‘By using flexible tooling in the body shop, we can send the cars down the same line.’
- ‘The bulk of the investment, 244 million Euros, went to upgrading the body shop.’
- ‘It will grow to the point where they'll be able to incorporate it into some aspects of their body shop.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.