One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A garage where repairs to the bodywork of vehicles are carried out.
- ‘The assembly plant is not only launching a new truck but is the first of Ford's assembly facilities to incorporate the new flexible manufacturing system in the body shop.’
- ‘The new paint shop was built in 1997 as part of an initial investment of $395 million, which also included refurbishing the body shop and final assembly areas.’
- ‘It's important to mention that standardized work was developed for the assembly line, just as it was for the body shop.’
- ‘So within the plant, there is a new quality verification program in place, one that spans the entire operation, from the body shop to pre-shipment to dealers.’
- ‘His facility takes off-the-shelf Fords and hones them into performance vehicles in a systematic way that owes more to the assembly plant than to the body shop.’
- ‘It will grow to the point where they'll be able to incorporate it into some aspects of their body shop.’
- ‘In the body shop, a $200 million investment has brought 460 new robots, increasing the amount of automation by 80 percent.’
- ‘The body shop will produce 38 jobs an hour with 60 to 70 direct labor employees per shift’
- ‘The body shop now has 236 robots, which apply a total of 3,775 welds per car.’
- ‘A specialized Nissan dealer would be ideal but, if there isn't one in your area, any garage or body shop should be able to place a special order for the Nissan parts that are needed.’
- ‘The body shop uses programmable robots with fixed tooling.’
- ‘Land-clearing for the new line began in February 2001, and construction of the new body shop started in August, with the first structural steel beam erected in October.’
- ‘North American vehicle manufacturers have been pursuing and promoting the ability to produce a variable mix of models with the same body shop and assembly line, for example switching between a sedan and an SUV on the fly.’
- ‘By using flexible tooling in the body shop, we can send the cars down the same line.’
- ‘For example, in the body shop, side panels, doors, hood, and roof are manually welded, as are the front section, floor assembly, and rear.’
- ‘Engineers in Germany configured the tooling, programmed the robots then ran the entire body shop in the computer before a single piece of equipment was uncrated at the plant.’
- ‘For example, the more than 200 robots in the body shop were refurbished; some 75% of the conveyor system was modified or replaced.’
- ‘The bulk of the investment, 244 million Euros, went to upgrading the body shop.’
- ‘A great deal of attention has also been paid to the body shop itself, home to around 2,800 people and 250 robots.’
- ‘Facility and equipment upgrades are being effected with plans to incorporate a new a new body shop into the facility and also a general assembly area.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.