Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A tight-fitting undergarment designed to give a slimmer, smoother silhouette to the body.‘many swear by the slimming effect of body shapers’
- ‘For those with a few lumps or bumps or looking for the odd lift here and there without resorting to surgery, there's a fantastic array of body shapers.’
- ‘Body shapers can smooth and soften the appearance of a plump and jiggly butt..’
- ‘Pantyhose with control top, body shaper, or whatever foundation you feel comfortable in keeps everything in one jiggle-free place.’
- ‘The shop carries negligees, body shapers, and other apparel in sizes ranging from XS to 3X.’
- ‘I got two skirts, three sweaters, and four pairs of body shapers.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.