One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1An exfoliating cosmetic preparation applied to the body to cleanse the skin.
- ‘‘We often neglect the skin on our bodies,’ says Evans, who makes sure to give herself an in-shower sloughing with a body scrub (which can get rid of dead skin cells and make skin smooth) every other day.’
- ‘Here is a wonderful face and body scrub that will leave your skin very soft because it scrubs off the dead skin cells.’
- ‘This company mainly makes little sachets of products such as face-masks, cooling leg and foot treatments, and body scrubs.’
- ‘Narrating a typical day in the life, Bateman lathers himself in his white-on-white apartment with body scrubs, exfoliating lotions, moisturizers, and anti-aging balms.’
- ‘Before using sea salt body scrub, verify that all papercuts are completely healed.’
- ‘To make a body scrub, combine a tablespoon each of camomile flowers and lavender flowers, and two tablespoons of oatmeal.’
- ‘Then you can stock up on cleansing body scrub and incense sticks.’
- ‘Overloaded with delightfully glitzy touches, the bathhouse isn't cheap, but the $62 cover charge includes a traditional Chinese body scrub and a 90-minute head-and-foot massage.’
- ‘Most natural food stores carry a selection of all-natural body-care products and ingredients, and there are many books with recipes for body scrubs, packs and creams.’
- ‘She scrubbed herself down with the grape-scented body scrub and loofah provided to get rid of the dirt, and after the shower, she sprayed herself with something smelling like vanilla, which she found with her toiletries.’
- ‘The range, which includes shower creme, bath oil and body scrub, offers protection from free radicals, damaging environmental pollution and also combats moisture loss through the creation of a natural hydro-lipid balance.’
- ‘Get your hands on a good body scrub, and start exfoliating once every three days.’
- ‘Smooth the way for romance with a body scrub that removes dull, dry skin.’
- ‘If that's not enough to send you to nirvana, try a Crushed Cabernet body scrub or Pulp Friction massage with fresh grapes.’
- ‘Use a body scrub a few days before and after waxing to discourage ingrown hairs.’
- ‘"OK,’ I said, ‘so what makes a Korean body scrub different from anything I've ever had before?’’
- ‘Use this all-over body scrub before bathing to deep-cleanse and loosen surface impurities.’
- ‘She was given antibiotics and told she needed to wash regularly with a special antiseptic shampoo and body scrub, and use a nasal spray.’
- ‘Self-heating body scrubs do just that and whisk away the dry, dead skin that interferes with moisture absorption.’
- ‘So far they have introduced several new fragrances and, this week, launched the INI body scrub range.’
- 1.1 A type of beauty treatment in which the skin is cleansed and exfoliated.
- ‘The girls can choose from hydrojet, balneotherapy, algotherapy, vichyshower, massage, body scrub, brumisation, pressotherapy and cryotherapy.’
- ‘The treatment list is comparatively small: a Swedish massage, one facial, one mud wrap, one body scrub, manicure and pedicure.’
- ‘I'm having an AHA facial and a body scrub and soak in mineral water and milk bath and fruity yogurt mask.’
- ‘In addition to massage, spas offer various body scrubs that remove dead skin and unclog pores, making it easier to sweat out toxins.’
- ‘What better way to recover from a day on the beach than with a body scrub, manicure, pedicure, facial massage or complete new hairdo.’
- ‘After a fat-blasting workout, head to the spa for aromatherapy, body scrubs and massage, or unwind with biofeedback, hypnotherapy and reflexology.’
- ‘If you need further relaxation, take a trip up to the spa with its 20-metre pool, steam room and hydrotherapy suite, or pop into one of the private treatment rooms for a massage, body scrub, wrap or a reflexology session.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.