Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] A moisturizing lotion for the body:‘I smothered myself in scented body lotion’
- ‘Use both the body wash and body lotion, then just a dab of perfume.’
- ‘Many hand and body lotions, facial creams, soaps and depilatories contain honey, which can be used on sensitive skin.’
- ‘Insects are attracted to brightly coloured clothes and strong perfume and body lotion.’
- ‘Pat dry and follow with an application of coconut oil, shea butter or natural body lotion.’
- ‘The range includes a bath gel and body lotion which, when used together, produce a subtle waft of pure femininity.’
- ‘Pulling her silk robe more tightly around her, Olivia pads over to her night table to pick up a bottle of body lotion.’
- ‘Also, if you don't already, slather on a body lotion regularly.’
- ‘Rub some body lotion on your skin.’
- ‘Each scent's set includes 5 fl. oz. of Shower Gel and 8.4 fl. oz. of both the Body Spray and Body Lotion.’
- ‘I do add a big bottle of hand and body lotion, especially if I'm somewhere hot.’
- ‘This body lotion will make you look radiant.’
- ‘With SPF popping up in everything from foundations to body lotions to lip balms, it's even easier to keep harmful sun rays at bay.’
- ‘Both the lipstick and the body lotion seemed quite nice.’
- ‘Other ways to utilize these oils are to make blends for the bath, hand cream and body lotion.’
- ‘After your sweat session, rinse off in a cool shower and apply a generous amount of body lotion to damp skin.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.