Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A cosmetic surgical operation to remove or improve the appearance of loose skin or sagging flesh on various areas of the body.‘the body lift is a more radical procedure than a traditional tummy tuck’
- ‘He has pioneered what he calls the total body lift.’
- ‘In 2004, more than 98,000 breast lifts, 5,900 buttock lifts, 15,000 lower body lifts, 13,000 thigh lifts and 17,000 upper arm lifts were performed, according to ASAPS.’
- ‘"I would try every new procedure for face and body lifts."’
- ‘There's all that self-mutilation that happens, too, like facelifts and body lifts and God-knows-what-else lifts.’
- ‘Body lift makes tighter the affected regions and tones by retexturing the skin and reinforcing the network.’
- ‘The surgeon charges between $8,000 and $12,000 for a tummy tuck-lower body lift combo and between $10,000 and $15,000 for an upper body lift.’
- ‘She has had a 'tummy tuck, body lift, lipo on my hips, butt lift, thigh lift, facelift, eyelid lift, breast lift' and is such an evangelist for enhancements that she had her last round of Botox injections on television.’
- ‘After bariatric surgery, or surgery for obesity, when there's a lot of skin fold rolling extra, then the surgery would be much more extensive: a body lift, a tummy tuck and an extended scar.’
- ‘And, I would like to get rid of - I'd like a body lift because I'm - I just don't like the skin.’
- ‘In December, he performed an abdominoplasty (commonly called a tummy tuck), a lower body lift and a medial thigh lift.’
- ‘A month ago the homemaker underwent a six-hour operation that included a tummy tuck, a lower body lift and liposuction.’
- ‘Most interesting: Many women who want to have their breasts reshaped during a total body lift do it without the use of implants.’
- ‘A slab of jiggling meat and fat is removed from a patient getting a full body lift.’
- ‘Other names for this procedure include torsoplasty, circumferential torsoplasty, body lift, and circumferential lipectomy.’
- ‘She submits to a body lift after already undergoing gastric bypass surgery.’
- ‘In the past year buttock lifts, thigh, upper arm and lower body lifts, all of which are common procedures for contouring the body after losing a large amount of weight, increased significantly.’
- ‘A range of beauty treatments can also be had—anything from deep cleansing to a body lift, which is "the ultimate lifting treatment for abdomen, buttocks and breast."’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.