Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] The conscious and unconscious movements and postures by which attitudes and feelings are communicated.‘his intent was clearly expressed in his body language’
gesture, sign, wave, gesticulation, cue, prompt, indicator, indication, communication, messageView synonyms
- ‘This is something I am going to address with reference to feminist psychology on power and body language.’
- ‘And there are definitely certain types of body language that will attract all sorts of attention.’
- ‘Imagine not being able to interpret the facial expressions and body language the rest of us take for granted.’
- ‘A good first step to becoming more assertive is to consider your own body language through role play.’
- ‘Elbow to elbow the fans look for body language that signals a horse is ready to rumble.’
- ‘Now I'm no psychiatrist but I do have a good understanding of psychology and body language.’
- ‘The distinctive ear tufts are a tool for sending signals to other lynx by body language.’
- ‘His words speak of confidence and success while his body language indicates nervousness and discomfort.’
- ‘He will become a master of your body language and facial expressions in no time at all.’
- ‘I find mentalism, hypnotism and the study of body language very intriguing.’
- ‘Every dance has it own body language and includes movements that may be richly comic when we analyze them.’
- ‘I use a lot of body language to express my feelings and affection when I'm with friends in person.’
- ‘The artist pays close attention to the facial expression and body language of men.’
- ‘Let others know from your body language that you welcome their communication with you.’
- ‘When you watch their movements in training, their body language will tell you things.’
- ‘They read body language and eye movements so that they know when they're saying things.’
- ‘You could argue that interpreting body language involves unconsciously reading auras.’
- ‘Wiggins's facial and body language smacks of the gawky teenager in Dazed And Confused.’
- ‘Yet once mastered, we can all use body language to get the message across in exactly the way we want.’
- ‘I became more conscious of my body language and my level of physical contact.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.