One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
noun & adjective
See body fascism
- ‘He was not a body fascist; his couture line featured a wraparound design that meant it could accommodate size fluctuations.’
- ‘Telling women to look like her was just as body fascist as telling them to get stick thin.’
- ‘The show aimed to debunk body-fascist myths of perfection perpetuated by the fashion, beauty and advertising industries.’
- ‘They are a nation of supremely beautiful, beach-dwelling body fascists.’
- ‘I need a caftan and a large hat to shield me from the body fascists by the pool.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.