One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Clothing worn by army and police personnel to protect against gunfire.
- ‘If the protesters manage to get past the riot police, a cadre of MPs and soldiers in riot gear and body armor meet them.’
- ‘At the raid in Glasgow, police officers wearing full body armour arrived at Rosemount Street, Royston.’
- ‘Weighed down with weapons, equipment, helmets and body armour, they patrol in temperatures that can reach the high 60s.’
- ‘If the Pentagon wanted to buy Interceptor body armor for every servicemember on active duty, it could.’
- ‘As soon as you put Interceptor body armor on, you lose the utility of all your pockets.’
- ‘That meant equipping police forces with body armor and rifles, instead of just badges and handguns.’
- ‘Why are our police not being given body armour such as this?’
- ‘Aloft in the turret, Mitchell counts on the additional protection of his body armor.’
- ‘The shots hit both shoulders near the collar bone, where his body armor didn't protect him.’
- ‘The man was eventually dragged handcuffed from a block of flats in Malton's Railway Street, by four police officers wearing full body armour.’
- ‘At one stage, there were 13 police officers in body armour in the dock.’
- ‘He was caught wearing body armour when stopped by police last year and was convicted of causing criminal damage after defacing a prison cell wall.’
- ‘With his hands handcuffed behind his back, he was flanked in the dock by seven police officers wearing body armour and thick black gloves.’
- ‘Gunshots were heard as elite police officers in body armour ran into the building where the man and the hostages had been holed up.’
- ‘However, ask any soldier shot in the chest if his body armor is worth it, and he will tell you it saved his life.’
- ‘Many police firearm instructors wear body armor as a matter of course.’
- ‘Larry Ellison, founder and chief executive of Oracle Corp, collects Samurai body armor.’
- ‘The Home Office recommends body armour for police officers on potentially dangerous operations, but it does not require it to be worn.’
- ‘Each tanker on the ground needs to be equipped with the best available body armor and protective equipment.’
- ‘Personal body armor is mostly from indigenous Swedish origin and have been battle proven in Bosnia.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.