One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Clothing worn by army and police personnel to protect against gunfire.
- ‘At the raid in Glasgow, police officers wearing full body armour arrived at Rosemount Street, Royston.’
- ‘He was caught wearing body armour when stopped by police last year and was convicted of causing criminal damage after defacing a prison cell wall.’
- ‘With his hands handcuffed behind his back, he was flanked in the dock by seven police officers wearing body armour and thick black gloves.’
- ‘Many police firearm instructors wear body armor as a matter of course.’
- ‘As soon as you put Interceptor body armor on, you lose the utility of all your pockets.’
- ‘At one stage, there were 13 police officers in body armour in the dock.’
- ‘Weighed down with weapons, equipment, helmets and body armour, they patrol in temperatures that can reach the high 60s.’
- ‘The shots hit both shoulders near the collar bone, where his body armor didn't protect him.’
- ‘If the Pentagon wanted to buy Interceptor body armor for every servicemember on active duty, it could.’
- ‘The man was eventually dragged handcuffed from a block of flats in Malton's Railway Street, by four police officers wearing full body armour.’
- ‘Larry Ellison, founder and chief executive of Oracle Corp, collects Samurai body armor.’
- ‘However, ask any soldier shot in the chest if his body armor is worth it, and he will tell you it saved his life.’
- ‘Gunshots were heard as elite police officers in body armour ran into the building where the man and the hostages had been holed up.’
- ‘Each tanker on the ground needs to be equipped with the best available body armor and protective equipment.’
- ‘Personal body armor is mostly from indigenous Swedish origin and have been battle proven in Bosnia.’
- ‘That meant equipping police forces with body armor and rifles, instead of just badges and handguns.’
- ‘If the protesters manage to get past the riot police, a cadre of MPs and soldiers in riot gear and body armor meet them.’
- ‘Aloft in the turret, Mitchell counts on the additional protection of his body armor.’
- ‘The Home Office recommends body armour for police officers on potentially dangerous operations, but it does not require it to be worn.’
- ‘Why are our police not being given body armour such as this?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.