One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘What is it about Chris Matthews’ show that evokes images of bodice-ripping, drooling ravishment?’
- ‘His sixth spouse was novelist Kathleen Winsor, who wrote the bodice-ripping bestseller Forever Amber; their union lasted about two years.’
- ‘It doesn't mean bodice-ripping or snuff fiction, and does not necessarily imply porn.’
- ‘Unsurprisingly, Liddell has been dubbed ‘the bodice-ripping diplomat’.’
- ‘Although the quality varied from week to week you could always be guaranteed a bodice-ripping art review when you opened your Salient on a Monday morning.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.