One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who makes or repairs something badly or clumsily.
fool, idiot, dolt, ass, nincompoop, blockhead, dunce, dunderhead, simpleton, ignoramus, donkey, jackass, dullardView synonyms
- ‘Take a look round the guy's garage - if his toolkit is just a big hammer then suspect a bodger.’
- ‘Those well enough off to employ a professional electrician will continue to do so, and the lethal bodgers, against whom the legislation is directed, will in all probability also carry on just as before.’
- ‘The tools the bodger used were few and commonplace, including an axe and a cross-cut saw for felling the timber, although in recent years these have been replaced by a modern chainsaw.’
- ‘Still, this recommendation came too late for the National Audit Office, which, in August, slammed Blair's bodgers for wasting £1.6 billion on a computer system intended to crack down on benefit fraud.’
- ‘I read somewhere: ‘As any inept DIY bodger could tell you, whitewash applied carefully and thinly, will last years.’’
- another term for bodgie
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.