One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Noakes' reputation as the original ‘action man’, parachuting, bobsleighing or climbing Nelson's column, would be taken up by many subsequent presenters.’
- ‘The prince's Romanov-style beard may be designed to hide a bobsleighing scar but he turns heads wherever he goes in Russia because of his physical likeness to Tsar Nicholas II, the cousin of King George V, his grandfather.’
- ‘It was while on a sailing course with the man who ran bobsleighing for the RAF that she first stumbled upon winter sports.’
- ‘The Marquis de Portago achieved fame as a member of the Spain Olympic bobsleighing team and twice rode in the Grand National at Aintree.’
- ‘I've swum with the bloody dolphins in Tahiti and I've tried my hand at bobsleighing.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.