One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
nounmass nounNorth American
Riding in a bobsleigh, especially as a winter sport; bobsleighing.
- ‘Hays is one of the fiercest competitors around, but he doesn't let the get in the way of his bobsledding.’
- ‘The switch to bobsledding paid off when Schuffenhauer earned a spot on the U.S. team for 2002’
- ‘All sixteen of these people had interests that were typical of males, such as hunting, ice hockey, karate, and bobsledding.’
- ‘The Salt Lake Organizing Committee must test its venues before the Games arrive, so more than a dozen events - from bobsledding and figure skating to freestyle aerobatics and downhill racing - are scheduled.’
- ‘If you can imagine, in bobsledding he is referred to as the ‘smaller guy,’ yet in skeleton where his size is definitely recognized, weight can have its advantages and its disadvantages.’
- ‘In the winter, there's skiing, snowboarding, figure skating, bobsledding, etc.’
- ‘What's unique about the sport of bobsledding is you can take a great athlete and make him a good bobsledder.’
- ‘From Zen koans to aural meditation, bobsledding to journaling, rolfing to silence to building a tree house, the many reality escapes are described in a fun, playful, familiar manner.’
- ‘With an eye toward the 2006 Olympic Games in Turin, Italy, Chelios wants to become a bobsledding brakeman - for Greece.’
- ‘The country's Alpine peaks provide a setting for skiing, bobsledding, tobogganing, mountain walking, and climbing.’
- ‘She then turned to bobsledding, where she failed another drug test in 2002.’
- ‘When you first start bobsledding, it's almost like a wrestling match.’
- ‘For example, bobsledding involves extremely high specific forces, with the team experiencing forces equivalent to five times the acceleration due to gravity for up to 2 seconds at a time.’
- ‘VONETTA FLOWERS helped her two-woman bobsledding team snag first place at the Winter Olympics in Salt Lake City, becoming the first Black person ever to strike gold at the Winter Games.’
- ‘After retiring from athletics, Moses flirted, incongruously, with bobsledding.’
- ‘When he was injured in an horrific bobsledding accident in Italy in 1991, the former national decathlon champion lost his career, some of his faculties and a few of his friends.’
- ‘Mazzi was the brakeman for the USA world bobsledding team that won the four-man national bobsledding championship at Lake Placid.’
- ‘She's apparently got all kinds of plans lined up, like mountain journeys, bobsledding, and other such adventures.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.