Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An adjustable skate for a child, consisting of two sections of double runners.
- ‘He started skating on bobskates at a young age on a slough, and when Fred was about 8 years old he attended St. Michael Residential School, in Duck Lake, Saskatchewan.’
- ‘Samsonov was hyped like Sidney Crosby, back when Sid the Kid was in bobskates.’
- ‘Both my girls are on figure skates now, after not very long on bobskates.’
- ‘Bobskates are still used for teaching very young children of two or three years old to get used to the ice and learn to skate.’
- ‘Get your bob skates on!’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.