One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An adjustable skate for a child, consisting of two sections of double runners.
- ‘Both my girls are on figure skates now, after not very long on bobskates.’
- ‘He started skating on bobskates at a young age on a slough, and when Fred was about 8 years old he attended St. Michael Residential School, in Duck Lake, Saskatchewan.’
- ‘Get your bob skates on!’
- ‘Bobskates are still used for teaching very young children of two or three years old to get used to the ice and learn to skate.’
- ‘Samsonov was hyped like Sidney Crosby, back when Sid the Kid was in bobskates.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.