One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Rowing or sailing in boats as a sport or form of recreation.
- ‘Recreational boating has been placed as a high priority as one of our national past times.’
- ‘A large portion of residents living near the US coastline participate in recreational or commercial boating.’
- ‘In addition, recreational fishing and boating is intense.’
- ‘The parish council is worried about the visual impact of the hydropower plant and possible conflicts with recreational boating.’
- ‘Recreational boating on nesting lakes, which can flood nests, may also have a negative impact on populations of Forster's Terns.’
- ‘The mats snag fishing lines and propellers, making boating, swimming, and other recreational uses impossible.’
- ‘The boating was great sport, but it was also something more.’
- ‘At the same time, the popularity of recreational boating has been increasing; a trend that is expected to continue.’
- ‘The chief attraction in the town is recreational boating and swimming at Lake Kaphchagai.’
- ‘There is much enthusiasm for recreational boating and water sports among the middle and upper class in India.’
- ‘Fronting the shores of the Chesapeake Bay, the county is a center of boating and water sports, including fishing, crabbing, sailing, and swimming.’
- ‘Then, Xiayou's directions were followed by the driver and all went pass the dock security building and finally were lead to a boat dock for commercial boating.’
- ‘The enthusiasm for recreational boating generated considerable custom for the boatbuilder's trade, and Henry Cunningham had the largest shop in Kingston.’
- ‘While there is no scientific data to support this contention, there is evidence that all recreational boating, including sailing, can disturb waterfowl.’
- ‘Recreational boating and fishing have returned to what was formerly a mosquito-breeding wasteland.’
- ‘Rowing, rafting and boating are also common in this area.’
- ‘Improved facilities at Killala would be a boost to local commercial fishermen, to those who used the area for tourist angling and for recreational boating.’
- ‘‘Nowhere else will visitors find such a comprehensive display of boating and water sports products,’ explains event organiser Heidi Warricker.’
- ‘Peter's passion for water and boating led him to purchase a boat last year, which he entered in the rally.’
- ‘The sun was shining bright every day, the windsurfing and boating was fun for all the family (apart from Mr. Branch with his fractured wrist).’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.