One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A boating enthusiast.
- ‘It is also an opportunity for boaties to come down and see for themselves the abundance of life currently calling Lismore Lake home.’
- ‘It is for us locals, really - and the many boaties from all round the world.’
- ‘Not many of the boaties have been venturing out.’
- ‘While accessible to boaties, hikers, campers and kayakers, Hinchinbrook Island is a bewitching haven that stands alone as one of the last truly wild lands of the tropical far north.’
- ‘Outside, the northerly winds have been getting up as early as 10 am and the outside boaties have had to leave earlier than usual to avoid a very rough trip home.’
- ‘A reminder to all boaties - we are now required to wear life jackets when crossing river entrances.’
- ‘We have recreational users, boaties, and people like that.’
- ‘Earlier in the season, during Dartmouth's annual regatta, diners watched agog as he threw out a drunken boatie.’
- ‘Almost all aquaculture takes place within coastal waters, so the industry is competing for space with recreational fishers, boaties, and other users of that space.’
- ‘While Holden is the first to admit that Adventra's not a serious off-roader, it's a boaties ' dream.’
- ‘This month I launched a new maritime rule requiring all recreational boaties to have a suitable life jacket for every person on board.’
- ‘Drunken boaties and crab pot thieves have spoiled what would have otherwise been the perfect Easter fishing weekend, some fishers have said.’
- ‘Hopefully the swells will settle down a bit, before the wife starts filling in the chores list and the boaties can get off shore.’
- ‘Mr Mather is now concerned boaties might accidentally transfer hornwort from Lake Rotoehu into nearby Rotoma, which does not have it.’
- ‘He says too many boaties have below par maritime skills, and that can lead to trouble when conditions change rapidly on the water.’
- ‘The boats are out on the water and the swell isn't too high to spoil the boaties ' fun.’
- ‘These are not just marine farmers, but boaties, recreational fisher people, and people who go to live in areas like the Marlborough Sounds for the natural beauty of the place and simply do not like to have their view disturbed.’
- ‘The Jetty at Port Fitzroy had my vote as a place to moor if you're a boatie.’
- ‘London's National Maritime Museum in Greenwich seems an unlikely venue for an exhibition devoted to a father of graphic novels, but boaties and nautical buffs disagree.’
- ‘He said speeding boaties were a regularly occurring issue of concern in his district.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.