One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Mary applauded the people of Genoa, who rescued a boatful of children.’
- ‘It also depicted her as one of the boys, or, more poetically, as a kind of Cleopatra floating down the river with a boatful of male artists.’
- ‘I don't consider it very responsible letting a boatful of inexperienced divers, many of them having completed fewer than 10 dives, loose on a wreck in 30m-plus with a screaming surface current.’
- ‘The mutual curiosity that exists between an adolescent right whale and a boatful of human observers makes whale-watching an activity of an entirely different nature than, say, bird-watching - or even people-watching.’
- ‘There's no need to board the boat armed with enormous flight cases full of equipment, only to have to assemble and dismantle it all on what could be a boatful of divers of no fixed experience.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.