One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The deck from which a ship's lifeboats are launched.
- ‘He just knew he'd get lost - hell, he'd taken a few wrong turns finding his way to the boat deck even with the ‘clearly labeled signs.’’
- ‘Then he started to get an intense pain in his spine and the crew pulled him out of the water onto the boat deck.’
- ‘‘Ahh,’ Rebecca sighed happily, stretching out on a deck chair on the boat deck.’
- ‘Would you care to come up to the boat deck with me?’
- ‘Instead, she made her way to the boat deck, where second class promenade space was relegated to the after end.’
- ‘I'm an outside machinist for National Steel and Shipbuilding Company and my operation is, right now, is to work on the boat deck.’
- ‘Peering up at the stars, feelings of nostalgia flashed in my mind as I lay on my back on the boat deck.’
- ‘A couple are walking the circuit on the boat deck.’
- ‘Rachel and Petula joined Alison at the boat deck moments later and saw the smile plastered across her face.’
- ‘I took a break from the endless games of bridge that we seem to play, and excused myself to take a walk on the boat deck.’
- ‘With each group's boarding, the Balsa's crew was herded to the boat deck and the entire vessel searched for suspicious materials.’
- ‘The boat deck had several small structures on it; the first-class staircase, the gymnasium, among others.’
- ‘I walked onto the boat deck a few minutes later and stood looking over the railing at the sea.’
- ‘Out on the boat deck Evelyn was reading a book called ‘how to deal with men’ by Suzie Spencer.’
- ‘The sky would be nearly black and it was a real sight,’ Jade told Chava as he pulled out his blanket and spread it on the boat deck.’
- ‘The hull built in Poland is built in steel with two continuous decks, main deck and shelter deck, and with forecastle and boat decks.’
- ‘On the top landing of the first class grand staircase, which spanned from F deck to the boat deck, the clock struck eleven times, followed by two fifteen-minute chimes.’
- ‘He went wandering off with a very nicely dressed woman when he got to the boat deck.’
- ‘‘Man the port and starboard boat decks, aye,’ was the response.’
- ‘Miss, I must ask that you please put on your lifebelt and come up to the boat deck immediately.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.