Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘‘She's the good-looking one,’ he says, proudly, if not a little boastfully.’
- ‘I boastfully mentioned how we've avoided illness so far this winter.’
- ‘‘Well,’ I replied, boastfully, ‘you missed me wrestling a shark.’’
- ‘I'm boastfully posting a picture showing my storage system AND my new perm.’
- ‘He demonstrated boastfully his own way of making use of a newspaper.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.