One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in skateboarding and snowboarding) a manoeuvre in which the board slides along a rail, ledge, edge of a ramp, etc. on the flat part of its underside between the trucks.
- ‘Before we could even get the lights on, Adrian went native and jumped on a wildly sketchy boardslide.’
- ‘It was probably a boardslide 'cause I was afraid to frontside 50-50.’
- ‘Jeff Grosso was making his famous ultra-long board slides.’
- ‘He finally pumped me up to do a boardslide.’
- ‘Let's say you've got a 17-stair rail and you're psyched and you're going to do a frontside boardslide.’
- ‘It comes out in the frontside boardslides quite often.’
- ‘He was heading right for the perfect spot on the rail, turned 90 degrees as you should be for a boardslide, but his board wasn't with him.’
- ‘Joey Poiriez showed local dominance while Powell pro Rodney Jones snatched first with a switch flip boardslide.’
- ‘Dylan had stayed on the entire run with kickflip frontside boardslides on the flatbar, back lips on the rail, and buttery kickflips off the wedge ramp to flat.’
- ‘I walked down a rail backward on a botched frontside boardslide.’
- ‘I set up a railroad tie down a loading dock and learned boardslides down it.’
- ‘He tried to do a kickflip frontside boardslide down some big rail.’
- ‘Nevertheless the crowd convinced Matt to keep pushing on and he nailed his second ever backside kickie boardslide down the rail, keeping the whole shed spastic.’
- ‘Shaun stuck a smooth 50 50, and then backed it up with a boardslide that brought the house down.’
- ‘If someone gets ready to frontside bluntside (or boardslide) on a ramp they generally arc frontside on the transition, agreed.’
- ‘I like to practice my frontside boardslides a lot.’
- ‘He was doing boardslides and noseslides with consistency.’
- ‘Do you think it's more important to lipslide a 30-stair handrail or to frontside boardslide a 10-stair, but do it with style?’
- ‘A regular-footer busting a frontside bluntslide, noseslide and boardslide has actually turned his body backside on all of those tricks.’
- ‘It looks beautiful in a rail course, where backside (blind) and frontside (facing) tip and board slides can be combined at speeds of around 20 miles per hour.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.