Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(in skateboarding and snowboarding) a manoeuvre in which the board slides along a rail, ledge, edge of a ramp, etc. on the flat part of its underside between the trucks.
- ‘If someone gets ready to frontside bluntside (or boardslide) on a ramp they generally arc frontside on the transition, agreed.’
- ‘Jeff Grosso was making his famous ultra-long board slides.’
- ‘It comes out in the frontside boardslides quite often.’
- ‘Dylan had stayed on the entire run with kickflip frontside boardslides on the flatbar, back lips on the rail, and buttery kickflips off the wedge ramp to flat.’
- ‘I like to practice my frontside boardslides a lot.’
- ‘Joey Poiriez showed local dominance while Powell pro Rodney Jones snatched first with a switch flip boardslide.’
- ‘It was probably a boardslide 'cause I was afraid to frontside 50-50.’
- ‘Nevertheless the crowd convinced Matt to keep pushing on and he nailed his second ever backside kickie boardslide down the rail, keeping the whole shed spastic.’
- ‘A regular-footer busting a frontside bluntslide, noseslide and boardslide has actually turned his body backside on all of those tricks.’
- ‘Shaun stuck a smooth 50 50, and then backed it up with a boardslide that brought the house down.’
- ‘He was doing boardslides and noseslides with consistency.’
- ‘Let's say you've got a 17-stair rail and you're psyched and you're going to do a frontside boardslide.’
- ‘It looks beautiful in a rail course, where backside (blind) and frontside (facing) tip and board slides can be combined at speeds of around 20 miles per hour.’
- ‘I set up a railroad tie down a loading dock and learned boardslides down it.’
- ‘I walked down a rail backward on a botched frontside boardslide.’
- ‘He was heading right for the perfect spot on the rail, turned 90 degrees as you should be for a boardslide, but his board wasn't with him.’
- ‘Do you think it's more important to lipslide a 30-stair handrail or to frontside boardslide a 10-stair, but do it with style?’
- ‘He finally pumped me up to do a boardslide.’
- ‘Before we could even get the lights on, Adrian went native and jumped on a wildly sketchy boardslide.’
- ‘He tried to do a kickflip frontside boardslide down some big rail.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.