One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Lured by the high winds, powerful currents, and the resulting massive swells, these daredevils routinely face conditions that would overwhelm most boardsailors.’
- ‘This is an especially good place to watch boardsailors because you can get fairly close to the action.’
- ‘In 1994, he became the first boardsailor to compete in the 125-mile Newport to Ensenada Race.’
- ‘Standing directly in front of me, an Anchorage boardsailor gracefully balanced her tiny battered board and her tiny sail in the 45-mile-per-hour gale as she prepared to jump from a rock into a soft-looking eddy below.’
- ‘‘Some days it's hard to pick your poison,’ the boardsailor admits.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.