One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A pass for boarding an aircraft, given to passengers when checking in.
- ‘Instead, passengers will need to pick up a boarding pass at ticket counters, curbside check-ins, self-service ticket kiosks or by checking in and printing out passes from airline Web sites.’
- ‘Domestic passengers can use the touch-screen kiosks to receive a boarding pass if they have an electronic ticket.’
- ‘He had been queuing for fifteen minutes, whilst we had been siting in the cafeteria smoking, and just sauntered to the place where they check the boarding cards rather than pointlessly joining an artificial queue.’
- ‘So I mark my pages with boarding passes and ticket butts from around the globe.’
- ‘Passengers said they were given boarding passes at around 3am but were later told the pilots had exceeded their flying time and they could not travel until Saturday afternoon.’
- ‘Customers with domestic e-tickets will be able to use the kiosk to check in, print boarding passes, change seats and purchase upgrades.’
- ‘If casinos' practices were followed, images would be taken at check-in, while would-be passengers obtain boarding passes and check luggage.’
- ‘The kiosks can be used by passengers returning to the USA, allowing them to check in, check bags and obtain boarding passes.’
- ‘In the second step, the passenger takes the boarding pass to the bag check location, where an agent scans in the pass and luggage tags are printed and attached.’
- ‘He proceeded to check the boarding passes of sleepy travellers as they headed for the plane, and he was last onto the aircraft, giving the lads a hand with the bags, no doubt.’
- ‘An e-mail has been sent to all airport staff asking for help with loading X-ray machines and checking boarding cards during the coming busy weekend.’
- ‘Customers on late flights may want to hold on to their boarding passes and check their accounts frequently to see if the miles post.’
- ‘He was a passenger and had a boarding card but as soon as he reached the security search area it was picked up on straight away.’
- ‘These gateside kiosks will print itinerary receipts that will serve as boarding passes.’
- ‘Passengers selected for further screening will have both sides of their boarding pass or other travel documents swabbed with gauze that is then inserted into the machine's test chamber.’
- ‘Customers are also able to print a receipt for a ticket purchase along with the boarding pass, similar to features available on the airline's airport kiosks.’
- ‘The printouts - which replace traditional boarding passes issued at airport check-ins allowing access to secure areas - should be specific to only one individual passenger.’
- ‘Three people checked his boarding card, and it clearly says Leeds-Bradford Airport, Flight 412.’
- ‘I checked to make sure I had my boarding pass to pass on to accounts.’
- ‘The carrier says most customers can get their boarding pass often in less than 90 seconds.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.