One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A place in which dogs are kept and looked after, especially while their owners are on holiday.
- ‘Not enough, having then sidestepped her best attempts to hint that the dog needs a ‘home’ for the three weeks away, I then had to find her a boarding kennel.’
- ‘You can take them to a boarding kennel or you can hire a pet sitter.’
- ‘I rang round all the vets in Lancashire, the local boarding kennels and the dog wardens.’
- ‘Use a boarding kennel you are familiar with.’
- ‘If it is impossible to take your pet with you to temporary shelter, contact friends, family, veterinarians, or boarding kennels to arrange for care.’
- ‘To prevent permanent separation, identify a boarding kennel or shelter in your immediate area that provides emergency care or foster care for pets.’
- ‘If you have not yet booked your pet into a boarding kennel or found a reliable house sitter, it may be too late, he says.’
- ‘We've got a new business pack from the bank and will still be looking into our dream of running our own boarding kennels but for the time being, we think we would need a lottery win to get that one off the ground at the moment.’
- ‘Dozens of families queued for hours at the rescue centre at the Jerusalem boarding kennels just outside Carlow town for a chance to take home one of the many breeds rescued from a puppy farm in Wexford on February 25.’
- ‘Some boarding kennels now offer luxuries such as sofas and Jacuzzis.’
- ‘Another tenant on the estate has recently acquired a permit to train racehorses on the farm, while another has abandoned a pig enterprise and developed high-quality canine boarding kennels.’
- ‘In addition, the foundation will build a school facility complete with offices, boarding kennels, veterinary facilities, and dormitories.’
- ‘When that's not possible, make sure the boarding kennel you choose has strict requirements about vaccinations and a disinfection protocol that will minimize the spread of disease.’
- ‘But he urged pet owners to continue to walk healthy dogs, visit dog runs, use boarding kennels and otherwise let animals congregate.’
- ‘If you have pets, it is possible that boarding kennel fees are covered during the time it takes to repair your home.’
- ‘New boarding kennels have just opened and are less than a ten minutes drive from Portlaoise.’
- ‘The remainder were transferred to boarding kennels in County Carlow where it is expected most will thrive.’
- ‘Unless you have a helpful family to look after your dog, be prepared for the expense of boarding kennels.’
- ‘One koala managed to strand herself on the roof of a boarding kennel.’
- ‘Dozens of families travelled hundreds of miles and queued for several hours at the rescue centre, Jerusalem boarding kennels, on the outskirts of Carlow town at the weekend.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.