One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Long shorts of a kind originally worn by surfers.
- ‘Ok, so I didn't expect him to come to the beach in a suit or some kind of formal wear, so I guess his attire of board shorts, white tank top and thongs didn't count.’
- ‘She peers over her sunglasses to see Taylor and Alex walk directly passed her, wearing board shorts and carrying surfboards at their sides.’
- ‘Baggy board shorts are both practical and fun and come with a funky surf-style tie in a range of colourful prints.’
- ‘Casey rolled her eyes and sat at the side of the pool, wearing her plain costume under board shorts and a rash shirt.’
- ‘One of the girls, in a black bikini top and board shorts, tossed her dreadlocks over her shoulders and grinned back.’
- ‘The waterproof windbreaker, board shorts and salt air made me feel pretty sporty.’
- ‘I usually wear tankinis or bikini tops with a skirt or board shorts.’
- ‘He was shirtless and wearing board shorts and sandals.’
- ‘I bought some shirts and board shorts and went into a gift shop where I bought Lily a box made out of shells and matching toe rings for us.’
- ‘Bring a classic longboard skate and a wear a faded authentic Hawaiian shirt and shredded cargo shorts or board shorts.’
- ‘I was already wearing the board shorts I customarily swam in, with a light shirt covering my torso.’
- ‘He and his dad were dressed alike - board shorts and a surfing company T - shirt.’
- ‘I changed into my bathing suit and board shorts (I didn't like showing my legs) and headed down.’
- ‘I settled for a black sleeveless shirt and streaked violet board shorts.’
- ‘I slipped my pajama pants off and pulled my board shorts on.’
- ‘Alas, after a while, the sight of board shorts, singlets, jandals and sunglasses will make you wince.’
- ‘The final will be judged in three categories - board shorts, sportswear and speedos.’
- ‘High noon, with the sun blazing down, found two people walking the streets wearing white tank tops and cream board shorts.’
- ‘He said the man was wearing off-white board shorts, no shirt and had a shaved head.’
- ‘She actually had the gall to wear board shorts instead of the bikini standard at the time, and influenced an entire generation of wahine surfers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.