One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An elementary school under the management of a School Board, established in Britain by the Education Act of 1870.
- ‘The village hall and old board school looked unused, two chapels had been converted into homes and the Old Stape Inn is also a private house.’
- ‘Baildon Local History Society, which campaigned for the site to be listed when it was put up for sale two years ago, said the former board school had historical importance as the oldest school in Baildon.’
- ‘Today the oldest board school in York closes its doors to pupils.’
- ‘This is to retain and refurbish the whole of the original board school and master's house and develop the new facilities by extending to the rear.’
- ‘Many became board schools after 1870 and either closed or transferred to local education authorities after the 1902 Education Act.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.