One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A game that involves the movement of counters or other objects round a board.
- ‘You're working harder to destroy a fictional board game than you are to end the actual dope game.’
- ‘It's a board game from 1966 about what careers girls can have when they grow up!’
- ‘Chess, a board game, was leading and competing with all these other stories.’
- ‘Is it necessary to eradicate the drinking culture altogether, so we all stay in with a good book or maybe a board game if it's your birthday?’
- ‘This gives it a unique character, more akin to a board game such as chess than to a normal card game.’
- ‘Two guards sat at the end of the hallway, involved in a board game.’
- ‘What bits of the film don't involve running usually feature people playing a board game.’
- ‘Yoga classes are held every Monday night but anyone not interested in yoga can have a chat or try their luck at a board game.’
- ‘The same elements that make for a good board game make for a good computer game, with really only minor variation.’
- ‘We reflected on their sad evening, as we enjoyed our board game.’
- ‘What happens within them conforms to a closed system of rules, as in a board game - or a round of dominoes.’
- ‘This board game, it is hoped, will spread the message that intake of vegetables is necessary for a healthy and balanced diet.’
- ‘The cornerstone of the Korean board gaming scene is the board game cafe.’
- ‘You feel as if you've actually entered a board game or a Hollywood set.’
- ‘On the off chance I decide to try something new and purchase a board game, which one should I purchase?’
- ‘Children and adults both play a game called bao, a board game played widely throughout Africa.’
- ‘I've never won a board game, and have only won a game of cards once.’
- ‘Do homework or bake pumpkin muffins or take a walk or play a board game.’
- ‘Despite feeling poorly, the photogenic schoolgirl manages a broad smile as she snuggles on the sofa with her favourite board game.’
- ‘A colleague who once said that chess was only a board game earned the brisk retort that, no, chess was an art form.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.