One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Black and minority ethnic (used to refer to members of non-white communities in the UK)‘the research was based on focus groups of BME mothers of children under five’
- ‘Sandie said: "There is a lack of understanding of other cultures in this area and through that lack of understanding and misinformation, people can be suspicious of BME groups."’
- ‘However, only 1% of the organisation's chief executive posts are held by BME staff.’
- ‘It adds that many of the older established BME groups are still finding it difficult, and are in urgent need of advocacy services.’
- ‘Regionally, London has the highest number of black and minority ethnic businesses with 38 per cent of all BME businesses.’
- ‘Academics believe the success of BME businesses is partly due to their ability to draw on their families and communities for labour and capital.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.