One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Black and minority ethnic (used to refer to members of non-white communities in the UK)‘the research was based on focus groups of BME mothers of children under five’
- ‘Academics believe the success of BME businesses is partly due to their ability to draw on their families and communities for labour and capital.’
- ‘Regionally, London has the highest number of black and minority ethnic businesses with 38 per cent of all BME businesses.’
- ‘It adds that many of the older established BME groups are still finding it difficult, and are in urgent need of advocacy services.’
- ‘Sandie said: "There is a lack of understanding of other cultures in this area and through that lack of understanding and misinformation, people can be suspicious of BME groups."’
- ‘However, only 1% of the organisation's chief executive posts are held by BME staff.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.