One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It's a dubious, lop-sided kind of integrity at best - but at least this bullying blusterer of a politician was prepared to take action and not wring his hands in the face of a rising tide of simplistic, fear-driven politics.’
- ‘In both cases, when the going got tough, the blusterers got out.’
- ‘In an hour, the students go from confident blusterers to humbled novices.’
- ‘She first pins her hopes on a Portuguese captain who turns out to be hollow blusterer.’
- ‘What I'm talking about are serial losers and bamboozlers, serial frauds and fakes, serial blusterers and blowhards.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.