One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘When the photographer suggests that she remove her gilet for the shot, Lauren blushingly demurs on the grounds that her bra can be seen through her sweater.’
- ‘I remember giving Bernie a big hug afterwards, as he blushingly folded away his piece of crumpled paper.’
- ‘They giggle and whisper to each other, as cool and direct and blushingly unnerving as any group of pretty teenagers.’
- ‘She reveals the good and the embarrassing in equal measure, but the more blushingly confessional she gets, the more candid, unrefined and gloriously nasty the record sounds.’
- ‘Then she blushingly added, ‘Sir, you have wrestled well, and overthrown more than your enemies.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.