One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Causing embarrassment; embarrassing.‘he has written a blush-making appreciation of me’
shaming, shameful, humiliating, mortifying, demeaning, degrading, ignominiousView synonyms
- ‘Captain Lane kept looking at me sidelong, in a blush-making way that I didn't mind at all.’
- ‘Our own delegation, by contrast, is a blush-making collection of hacks and fanatics with no bona fides in women's rights or international development.’
- ‘The comedian can usually be counted on for at least one blush-making quote.’
- ‘I have, like everyone else, a few blush-making things on my conscience.’
- ‘He has written a blush-making appreciation of his visit to me.’
- ‘For all her blush-making baby-talk, she emerges as a formidable figure who put up with her husband's flirtations and possible infidelities with dignity.’
- ‘There are a whole range of therapists who will dose you with mind-numbing pills or involve you in blush-making adult play groups.’
- ‘How perfectly blush-making of me to have forgotten.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.