One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A type of stout leather boot with elasticated panels at the ankles.‘the only blokes wearing singlets and Blundstones these days are wannabe actors’
- ‘She remembers standing in her Blundstones in front of the student housing officer.’
- ‘To attain an equal footing with the heterosexual model, one gay partner's collection of brogues and Blundstones will need to be greater by a factor of forty.’
- ‘In Europe Blundstones are a quite a colourful affair with boots featuring bright reds, blues, yellows and greens.’
- ‘And so it's Good Night from me as I turn into a pumpkin with Blundstones instead of glass slippers.’
- ‘At 79, he might also have been wise enough to suppose that the troops at News Corp would kick him back with their steel-cap Blundstones.’
- ‘I looked down and compared them to my shiny, new $70 Blundstones.’
- ‘Today she is resolutely dressed in camouflage jeans and jacket and Blundstones.’
- ‘A girl in Blundstones shows how it's done, then hands out goggles, warning the kids to be careful.’
- ‘The video is complete with backyard cricket and a pair of blundstones.’
- ‘Her Blundstones rock back and forth on the coffee table, splinters of dirt breaking free from the sole.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.