One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A type of stout leather boot with elasticated panels at the ankles.‘the only blokes wearing singlets and Blundstones these days are wannabe actors’
- ‘Her Blundstones rock back and forth on the coffee table, splinters of dirt breaking free from the sole.’
- ‘To attain an equal footing with the heterosexual model, one gay partner's collection of brogues and Blundstones will need to be greater by a factor of forty.’
- ‘Today she is resolutely dressed in camouflage jeans and jacket and Blundstones.’
- ‘At 79, he might also have been wise enough to suppose that the troops at News Corp would kick him back with their steel-cap Blundstones.’
- ‘The video is complete with backyard cricket and a pair of blundstones.’
- ‘She remembers standing in her Blundstones in front of the student housing officer.’
- ‘In Europe Blundstones are a quite a colourful affair with boots featuring bright reds, blues, yellows and greens.’
- ‘I looked down and compared them to my shiny, new $70 Blundstones.’
- ‘And so it's Good Night from me as I turn into a pumpkin with Blundstones instead of glass slippers.’
- ‘A girl in Blundstones shows how it's done, then hands out goggles, warning the kids to be careful.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.