One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A eucalyptus tree with blue-green aromatic leaves and smooth bark.
Genus Eucalyptus, family Myrtaceae: several species, in particular E. regnans
- ‘So where is the right place to grow bluegums?’
- ‘Add in a 141-foot height and a 126-foot crown spread, and the Petrolia bluegum is dwarfed only by the champion giant sequoia, coast redwood, western redcedar, Sitka spruce, and coast Douglas-fir.’
- ‘You know, we're all familiar with Wattle Day on August 1st but in detail, do we know when we might expect Cootamundra Wattle to bloom, or when the bluegum or the stringybark will come out.’
- ‘The champion bluegum may be the biggest naturalized tree and the biggest hardwood in America, but for many, it's also the biggest weed.’
- ‘While this project started out growing bluegums for paper pulp, those trees planted since 1990 will also provide farmers with carbon credit sales, encouraging more and more farmers to become involved in agroforestry’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.