Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A predatory blue-coloured marine fish, which inhabits tropical and temperate waters and is popular as a game fish.
- ‘It also appears that grouper, sea bass, and bluefish have higher mercury levels than previously measured.’
- ‘A few weeks after his funeral she had gone to the farmer's market and a young man with dark eyes was selling smoked bluefish, scallops and squid, bottom feeders.’
- ‘A lot of small fish will do the job - Spanish mackerel, bluefish - but the preferred bait is the blue runner, also called a hardtail.’
- ‘During my stay I caught plenty of striped bass plus some bluefish and one sea trout.’
- ‘I have hauled in three bluefish from off the coast of Massachusetts.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.