One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Open sea.as modifier ‘blue-water navigation’
- ‘The current carried me steadily away from the security of my support boat, but my attention was focused on the blue water before me.’
- ‘At the weekends, yachts and cruisers of all sizes criss-cross the blue water.’
- ‘Trim yachts skim the surface of the blue water and there is not a cloud in the sky - yet we are a mere hour's train ride from the manic heart of Manhattan.’
- ‘Collections of bannerfish decorate the blue water at the fringes of the reef like confetti fluttering in a breeze.’
- ‘Fixing my eyes on the blue water, I searched for mantas.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.