One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for mako
- ‘The Mako has also been called a Blue pointer in Australia and these local terms can be confusing.’
- ‘Even now, a great white or a blue pointer was rising from the deep, circling for the kill… or something worse.’
- ‘It is also known as the bonito and the blue pointer.’
- ‘Of Australia's 90 species of shark, the most dangerous are the bronze whaler and grey whaler, the tiger shark, the blue pointer and the most dangerous of them all, the great white shark which has can grow to be 12 metres long.’
- ‘The blue shark, also known as a blue whaler or blue pointer, lives up to its name with the upper body colouring a strikingly vivid cobalt blue.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.