One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for mako
- ‘The blue shark, also known as a blue whaler or blue pointer, lives up to its name with the upper body colouring a strikingly vivid cobalt blue.’
- ‘The Mako has also been called a Blue pointer in Australia and these local terms can be confusing.’
- ‘It is also known as the bonito and the blue pointer.’
- ‘Even now, a great white or a blue pointer was rising from the deep, circling for the kill… or something worse.’
- ‘Of Australia's 90 species of shark, the most dangerous are the bronze whaler and grey whaler, the tiger shark, the blue pointer and the most dangerous of them all, the great white shark which has can grow to be 12 metres long.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.