One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A bluish fungus which grows on food, some kinds of which are used to produce blue cheeses or antibiotics such as penicillin.
"Penicillium" and other genera, subdivision "Deuteromycotina"
- ‘It must be given proper time to let the blue mold form and grow, giving it that extra-added flavor you just won't find in other dairy products.’
- ‘The combination of its double-cream softness and the tanginess of the blue mould may have been accidental, but it is world-class.’
- ‘Like the blue mold that turns the Amish milk into cheese, his addition as general manager has turned the co-op into a going operation.’
- ‘If one orange was attacked by blue mold, the tissue would help keep it from spreading to others in the pack.’
- ‘The actor in this drama is Penicillium expansum, otherwise known as blue mold.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.