One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Either of the two blue-coloured lines running across the ice between the centre line and the goal lines.
- ‘Defensemen remained as a staunch back line on the blue line, retreating at the mere sniff of a turnover in possession.’
- ‘I figured he was just going to chip the puck out over the blue line.’
- ‘They'll shoot from the blue line and sweep in pucks around the crease.’
- ‘Late in double-overtime I let go of a shot from outside the blue line.’
- ‘He glides from his bench before the game, superstitiously stepping over the center red line, then the blue line.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.